Welcome!

Hi everyone! Welcome to my new doula blog! Like it says in my presentation on the sidebar, I am a young doula living in Canada and have always been fascinated by pregnancy, childbirth and maternity.

A doula is, in short (more detailed description to come in a future blogpost), someone who helps expecting parents prepare for childbirth by educating them about their options, the phylsiology of childbirth and everything they need to know about pregnancy, childbirth and infant care. She is also present during the birth to help the mother deal with the whole process, and is also there after the birth to help out with breastfeeding and the postpartm period. A doula is not a midwife.

 The goal of this blog is to share about all sorts of topics related to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, bonding, infant care, babywearing, etc. I am currenty abroad, so the posts will probably be a bit irregular and spaced out, but when I'm home I'll do my best to write more often.

For those interested, I also have a french language doula blog at the following URL: http://babillagesaveclaurie.blogspot.com

If you're interested by my services as a doula, or if you just have a question you would like to ask me, please contact me at the following address: laurie.doula@gmail.com



Thanks for your visit and have a great day!

Comments